2 Best Company Shop BV, trading under the name Blundstone, attaches great importance to the privacy of visitors to its website, its customers, newsletter readers and applicants, in particular the rights relating to the processing of Personal Data. Blundstone processes Personal Data of the aforementioned groups of persons as controller.
For the sake of complete transparency, we have formulated and implemented a policy with regard to the processing of the Personal Data of the persons whose Personal Data we process, the purpose of that processing, as well as the options for data subjects to exercise their rights as best as possible. We explain this policy on this page.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about the processing of your Personal Data by Blundstone, you can contact us at:
2 Best Company Shop BV (Blundstone)
5731 AE, Mierlo
For general information about the protection of Personal Data, please visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl .
Article 1 – Definitions
- Website (hereinafter also “The Website”): https://blundstone.nl
- Controller: of personal data: the party that determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data and is therefore responsible for the Personal Data. For your details this is Blundstone, Chamber of Commerce number: 70087512.
- Personal data: any information about an identified or identifiable natural person
Article 2 – Collection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is collected by Blundstone. In this section we explain which Personal Data we collect from you and for what purpose.
- Buying products from Blundstone
If you purchase products from us, we need certain Personal Data from you to process the order correctly. We process the following Personal Data about you for this purpose:
- First and last name;
- E-mail address;
- Address details (street, postal code, house number, city);
- Phone number;
- VAT number;
- Payment details, such as bank account number.
These Personal Data are necessary to properly execute the purchase agreement.
We keep the financial data for a period of 7 years after the conclusion of the purchase agreement. We have to do this based on tax legislation. We delete other data that are not subject to tax legislation after 7 years in connection with (customer) service.
- Creating an account
You can create an account on the Website. This makes the ordering process a lot faster and you can also keep an eye on the status of your order. We process the following Personal Data about you if you have or want to create an account:
- First name;
- Last name;
- E-mail address;
We process this Personal Data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so. Without this Personal Data we cannot give you access to your account. We store your Personal Data for as long as you are a customer with us. If you do not log into your account for a period of 7 years, we will delete your account. We will notify you before deleting your account.
- Website visits and contact requests
When you visit our Website, we place cookies to improve our website and services. These cookies collect Personal Data. For more information about cookies, please refer to the article about cookies. You can also complete a contact form via the Website. We process the following Personal Data for website visits and contact requests:
- Cookie data (see article 7);
- E-mail address;
- Phone number;
- Any information you share with us in the message.
We process these Personal Data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so. After all, cookies allow us to make the website work properly and improve services. We need these Personal Data for the contact form in order to process your request and answer your question.
For the storage period of cookies, we refer to the article about cookies. We store Personal Data in the context of the contact request until the request or question has been processed.
- Sending the newsletter and other commercial communications
If you have registered for the newsletter, we will send you a monthly newsletter. We process the following Personal Data to send the newsletter:
- E-mail address.
We will only send you commercial offers if you have given your consent. You can withdraw consent at any time by clicking on the link in the email or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We have a legitimate interest in maintaining contact with our customers. Without processing the above data, we cannot contact our customers and inform them of offers and new products.
We store the Personal Data from the newsletter until you unsubscribe.
- Apply at Blundstone
You can apply with us. In order to process your application as best as possible, we need the following Personal Data:
- Address data;
- E-mail address;
- Phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Motivation letter and CV with all information, such as passport photo, (work) experience, education and training details, preferences and hobbies;
- Data about availability and leave;
- Diplomas, certificates and references;
- Other Personal Data provided to us in connection with the application.
We have a legitimate interest in collecting this Personal Data. When we progress further in the application procedure, the Personal Data will be necessary for us to draw up and execute the employment contract. When you start working for us, we will ask for additional information.
The application data will be deleted four weeks after the end of the application procedure. If you have given permission, we may retain the Personal Data for one year.
Article 3 – Data retention period
We do not store Personal Data for longer than is necessary to achieve the above purposes. The collected data is used and stored for the duration as determined by law. If no legal retention period has been established, we have set a retention period of 7 years.
Article 4 – Sharing Personal Data
In order to provide our services and products to you, such as offering the website, we work with other parties, such as an IT supplier to host the website. These parties process your data on our behalf and are not allowed to do anything independently with your Personal Data. They only work based on our instructions. We have also recorded this in a processing agreement. Furthermore, these parties only have access to the Personal Data that they need to perform their activities.
Your Personal Data is processed within the EEA as much as possible. If your Personal Data is processed outside the EEA, we have taken all measures to ensure that your Personal Data is as protected as possible. To this end, we have concluded the required contracts and, if necessary, taken additional protective measures.
We may also share your Personal Data with:
- our employees if this is necessary for the performance of their tasks, but our employees are always contractually bound to confidentiality;
- other recipients (as independent controllers), if this is necessary for the purposes described in this privacy statement (for example the postal service of your order);
- another party if this is required by law, court order or (other) legal process, including a merger, acquisition or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Article 5 – Security of your Personal Data
Security of your Personal Data is of paramount importance to Blundstone. We have taken appropriate and sufficient measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access and unwanted disclosure.
If you discover a data breach or suspect that a data breach has occurred, please let us know immediately via: email@example.com .
Article 6 – Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
Under the GDPR, everyone has certain rights:
- Right of access to the Personal Data we have about you;
- Right to rectification if certain Personal Data is incorrect or out of date;
- Right to erasure if you want us to delete your Personal Data. We will only grant this request if there is no longer any reason to retain your Personal Data;
- Right to restriction of processing;
- Right to portability of Personal Data;
- Right to object;
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making;
- Right to withdraw given consent.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org . We will first verify your identity. In addition, we will ask you to provide the address at which you can be contacted. You will receive an answer to your request within 1 month after the submitted request. Depending on the complexity of the requests and the number of requests, this period can be extended by 2 months if necessary. Except in special circumstances, there are no costs involved.
Article 7 – Cookies
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Functional cookies: such as session and login cookies for keeping track of session and login information.
- Anonymized Analytical cookies: to gain insight into visits to our website based on information about visitor numbers, popular pages and topics. In this way we can better tailor communication and information provision to the needs of visitors to our website. We cannot see who visits our websites or from which PC the visit takes place.
- Non-anonymized Analytical cookies: to gain insight into visits to our website based on information about visitor numbers, popular pages and topics. In this way we can better tailor communication and information provision to the needs of visitors to our website.
- Tracking cookies: such as advertising cookies that are intended for showing relevant advertisements. Personal interests can be derived from the information about visited websites. This allows organizations to, for example, show their website visitors targeted advertisements. Tracking cookies make it possible to create profiles of people and treat them differently. Tracking cookies usually process Personal Data.
More specifically, we use the following cookies:
- Google Analytics anonymized (analytical cookies)
- Google Analytics (analytical cookies)
- TikTok Analytics
- Adobe Typekit
- Google Dynamic Remarketing
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook (tracking cookie)
- Google Adwords (tracking cookie)
When you visit our website, cookies from the controller and/or third parties may be installed on your equipment. We refer to the privacy statement of the third party for information about what happens to your Personal Data at that third party.
For more information about the use, management and deletion of cookies for each control type, we invite you to consult the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/onderwerpen/internet-telefoon-tv-en-post /cookies#faq
You can also adjust your browser settings so that cookies are automatically rejected. In that case, we cannot guarantee that our website will function properly. More information about this can be found in the instructions of your internet browser. We advise you to check that your browser is up to date. You can use the help or support button of your browser for this. The following links explain how you can adjust your browser's cookie settings:
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari (OS
- Cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
- Cookie settings in Android
Article 8 – Complaints
Article 9 – Applicable law
Version: April 2023.